WOMEN’S HEALTH TRACK
Goals of the Program
- Enrich resident training in by offering gender specific clinical experiences throughout a women’s lifespan within the ambulatory block.
- Promote Women’s Health Research opportunities.
- Provide mentorship and scholarly activities for residents
- Produce graduates who are proficient in women’s health practices and encourage pursuing careers in internal medicine subspecialties, academic medicine or primary care.
- 3 year Multi-disciplinary ambulatory rotation focused on the uniqueness and wide range of medical issues of women.
- 3 year ambulatory care rotations can be individualized to the resident’s future career path especially those who want to go into fellowships.
- Integration of IM inpatient rotations and WH ambulatory block
- Develop didactics that highlight women’s health issues with awareness on how gender plays a role in the diagnosis and treatment plan.
Deidra Beshear, MD