We are proud to be part of the University of Kentucky family. The Department of Medicine of the University of Kentucky is the largest department in the College of Medicine and the University. Our academic medical institution is located within the University Campus and makes our residents official members of the Big Blue Nation!
Take a tour of U.K. Campus
Within the Internal Medicine Residency Program, we aspire to create an environment of inclusion and camaraderie among all of our students, residents, and faculty. This includes deliberate efforts to recruit and retain diverse residents and faculty. Our Department of Medicine and College of Medicine also has a number of opportunities and initiatives to specifically enhance the diversity of our UK community, including:
- The Student National Medical Association (SNMA) is committed to supporting current and future underrepresented minority medical students, addressing the needs of underserved communities, and increasing the number of clinically excellent, culturally competent and socially conscious physicians. SNMA programs are designed to serve the health needs of underserved communities and communities of color.
- The Faculty of Color Network is an advocacy organization for African American/Black and Hispanic/Latin Faculty in the College of Medicine.
- Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) focuses on facilitating opportunities for career advancement.
- The Center for Graduate and Professional Diversity Initiatives (CGPDI) encourages diversity through supportive communities, professional development and UK and Lexington community involvement.
- UK also offers several Affinity Groups to help promote community and collaboration.