Welcome to the Division of Palliative and Supportive Care. The Division provides expert level consultation and patient care services for UK HealthCare patients. Palliative Care is focused on relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness. Our multidisciplinary team provides an extra layer of support for patients with any serious illness including cancer, heart failure, advanced liver disease, neurologic conditions, or other diagnoses regardless of prognosis. Palliative Care can be provided along with curative treatments.
Palliative Care Consult Service
- Expert symptom management for people at any stage of a serious illness, regardless of prognosis.
- Physical (pain, nausea, dyspnea, anxiety, etc.)
- Assistance for patient/ family/physician with complex decision making.
- Clarify goals of care
- Completion of advance directives
- End-of-life concerns
- Withdrawal of life supporting treatment
- Support for the family
Jessica McFarlin, M.D.
Division Chief of Palliative Care