Things to know when applying to the Primary Care Track:
- 6 positions matched annually (3 yr. program)
- All applicants must apply through the ERAS website
- Choose the Primary Care Track (either alone or with the Categorical Track)
- When submitting your rank order list, you will need to rank the Primary Care Track as a separate entry from the Categorical Track
- You will have a single interview that satisfies both the Primary Care Track and the Categorical Track
Unique features of the Primary Care Track:
Our Primary Care Track offers training experiences uniquely designed to prepare residents to practice General Internal Medicine.
- Excellent preparation for practicing General Internal Medicine in a managed care environment in both urban and small community settings.
- Community based rotations prepare residents for expanding opportunities as internists in private practice and rural communities.
- Over 50% of total training time during 2nd and 3rd years is in an ambulatory setting
- Month long ambulatory rotations.
- Residents are assigned to two continuity clinic attendings for all three years.