UK Hospital Medicine Track
The University of Kentucky is an emerging leader in the field of hospital medicine. The Hospital Medicine Track (HMT) is dedicated to providing targeted, specific content to senior residents committed to the tenets of HM. Residents are selected via a competitive application process and matched to HM faculty from UK and the VA. HMT residents participate in a structured curriculum covering pertinent, high-yield HM topics.
Track highlights include:
- Longitudinal sessions throughout the curriculum dedicated to crucial areas of Hospital Medicine, including:
- Dedicated teaching in the areas of clinical HM, quality improvement, healthcare economics, and professional development.
- Professional Development, including Cv preparation, interview skills, teaching workshops, and future planning
- Practice of Hospital Medicine, including healthcare economics
- Quality Improvement, including the development and implementation of a group process improvement project
- Ongoing focus on intensive coaching and just-in-time learning
- HM Practicum rotation focused on developing autonomy and efficiency while triaging and caring for complex medical patients.
- One-on-one didactic sessions addressing billing, hospital reimbursement, research stewardship, and working with advanced practice providers
- Mentorship from assigned experienced hospitalists and core HMT faculty. Click here to view a snapshot of the HMT curriculum.
Prior to HMT projects have included striving for earlier discharges from teaching services, improving daily progress notes, and minimizing the time patients spend fasting during admissions to the VA.
Click here to learn more about those successful projects.
Click here to learn more about HM residency training programs around the country.
Click here to learn more about ingraining hospitalist training into residency programs.
UK HMT Faculty:
Joseph R. Sweigart, MD, FHM, FACP
Sean Lockwood, MD
Romil Chadha, MD, FHM, FACP
For more information on the UK HMT, please contact Joe Sweigart (email@example.com).