Though the educational experience at work is the reason we are here, we as a program also recognize that life outside of work makes us more productive and happy people while within the hospital walls. To that end, Lexington provides a wonderfully beautiful backdrop for us to grow and learn, have fun, and even raise a family in a safe environment, When asked, most residents will name the camaraderie within the program is the reason they love working here, but usually a close second is how much they enjoy living in Lexington!
A few facts about the "Horse Capitol of the World:
- Population (2013 census): city - 295,803; metropolitan area - 489,435
- 2nd Largest City in Kentucky, and 62nd in United States
- Nestled in the rolling hills of the Kentucky Bluegrass region
- Continually ranked in the top cities in the United States with regards to quality of life and education.
- 2008 (Business Facilities) - 2nd most educated workforce in the US (cities > 250,000 people)
- 2nd best place for families to move (mid-sized community category) behind Boulder, Colorado.
Although it is Kentucky's second largest city, Lexington has retained its small town charm and hospitality. This friendly atmosphere, along with its scenic countryside and plethora of entertainment opportunities, makes Lexington a very pleasant place to live or visit.