Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
A total of 24 full-time Faculty, 15 Critical Care Nurse Practitioners, 4 Research Assistants, and a full administrative staff, provide support to this program across three Hospitals: University of Kentucky Hospital, VA Administration Hospital, and Good Samaritan Hospital.
The Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program at the University of Kentucky is an ACGME-accredited, 3-year program with a total of 12 Pulmonary Fellows. The 36 months of Fellowship training are divided into 24-28 months of clinical service and 8-12 months dedicated to research.
The Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program is also an ACGME-accredited program with a total of 2 Critical Care Fellows. The 24 months of Fellowship training are divided into 18 months of clinical service and 6 months dedicated to research.
By the end of Fellowship, each Fellow should have obtained the following:
- Mastery of the knowledge base
- Excellence in patient care
- Skills in teaching and mentoring
- Procedural expertise
- Clinical and basic science research
By the end of the program, each Fellow is able to sit for both the Pulmonary Boards and Critical Care Boards.
- Apply for one of our Fellowship positions in Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine Online.
- For more information on the Fellowship Program, please email Gwen Parks.
Please watch our introduction to our program in this video.