We exclusively participate in the NRMP (no exceptions)
All applications are processed via ERAS (no exceptions)
All applicants are required to submit the following supplemental materials via ERAS:
- Curriculum vitae (generated by ERAS)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean's Letter)
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcripts
- Letter of recommendation from the Chairmen (or designee) of your Department of Medicine or Department of Pediatrics
- Letters of recommendations from two members of the faculty with whom you have worked or who know you well.
- USMLE Transcripts or COMLEX Transcripts (USMLE Steps 1 & 2 scores; Step 1 is required at the time of interview. Step 2 is required prior to an intern's official start date)
2016 -2017 Recruiting Information
We will be recruiting on select Monday and Wednesday dates beginning 10/10/16 and ending 12/14/16. Candidates will have the opportunity to have dinner with our current residents at a local restaurant the night before their interview. All candidates are provided a hotel room free of charge (excluding incidental expenses) at the Hilton Lexington Suites. Transportation to the hospital for interviews is provided by the hotel the next morning. We encourage all candidates to use transportation provided by the hotel to get to their interview.
Interview Day Schedule:
7:15 AM -- Meet in Lobby of Pavilion A
7:30 - 8:15 AM -- Attend Med-Peds Clinical Conference
8:30 AM - 9:45 AM -- Detailed Slideshow of the Program/Q & A Session with Dr. Stewart
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM -- Interview with a Faculty Member
10:30 AM -- 11:00 AM -- Interview with a Faculty Member
11:15 AM -- 12:00 PM -- Tour of Facilities
12 PM - 1 PM -- Lunch with MedPeds Residents
1:30 PM -- Shuttle Transportation back to the Hilton Lexington Suites
Benefits: 2017 - 2018 Academic Year
- PGY-1: $51,346.38
- PGY-2: $52,836.29
- PGY-3: $54,487.44
- PGY-4: $56,386.97
- Two weeks of vacation during the first year
- Three weeks of vacation after the first year
- Four holiday bonus days in late December or early January
- Eight university holidays
- Every resident receives a reading week each year
- Maternity: 30 working days
- Paternity: 30 working days
By using accrued vacation time, residents are able to take adequate maternity/paternity leave. In accordance with the ABIM and ABP policies, residents must complete 22 months of training in Internal Medicine and 22 months of training in Pediatrics to meet the requirements for board certification.
Parking is covered by GME office.
Three lab coats provided prior to each year of training.
- Internal Medicine provides MKSAP during the PGY-2 year and $1000 during the PGY-3 year.
- Pediatrics provides $2500 during your PGY-4 year.
Kentucky Medical Licensure
All PGY-2's and above must be licensed by the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure before beginning their training. The original cost and yearly renewals are paid for by the University of Kentucky.
Everyone pays for the employer portion of health benefits for single coverage (resident only). Other plans including family coverage are also available. For more information, please contact the GME office for a "Benefits Booklet".
Effective after 12 full calendar months of service.
Benefit equal to your annual salary provided at no cost. Optional additional insurance is available at a low cost for coverage up to three times your annual salary.
Residents receive $1,250 yearly for meals.
All residents are provided with a pager.