Before you apply for fellowship training in Hepatology at the University of Kentucky, please review the following requirements:
All Hepatology fellowship trainees at the University of Kentucky must have a full Kentucky medical license. Accordingly, applications will only be considered from those individuals who meet licensing requirements. The following summarizes these requirements:
1. You must have graduated from an approved medical school. All Medical Schools in the United States of America and Canada approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) meet this requirement. Other medical school education is evaluated by the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure on an individual basis.
2. United States and Canadian medical school graduates must complete at least one year of postgraduate training approved by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or the National Joint committee (NJC). Graduates of non-U.S./Canadian medical schools must complete three years of ACGME or NJC approved postgraduate training that includes 12 months of clinical training.
3. You must have received a passing score on the USMLE exam, or hold a full license in another state or Canadian province as a result of passing a licensing exam.
4. Foreign medical graduates must possess permanent ECFMG certification or proof of certification by an approved U.S. specialty board. A copy of the full licensure requirements can be obtained from the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure (KBML, 310 Whittington Pkwy, Louisville, KY 40222, Tel: 502-429-8046) or visit http://kbml.ky.gov/
TO APPLY FOR A FELLOWSHIP POSITION
Applications will be reviewed beginning December 15th.
A complete application will include:
* Completed Universal Application for Residency
- downloadable pdf file
- fillable online form
* Personal Statement
* Current Curriculum Vitae
* Copy of Medical School Transcript/s
* Copy of Medical School Degree Certificate or Diploma
* Copy of ECFMG/USMLE Certificates
* Photo is optional but will be helpful to identify candidates at campus visits
Please send all these materials into ONE (1) combined pdf file for submission.
We also require three (3) Letters of Recommendation, one of which must be from the Residency Program Director. Letters are to be sent directly to the Hepatology Fellowship Program Coordinator, Maria Richie as an email attachment.
*** Please inform references to label the email subject line as:
"UK Hep Fellowship LOR (applicant last name here)" ***
- The deadline for acceptance of Hepatology Fellowship Applications is JANUARY 31st.
- Candidate Interviews will be conducted in February
- Fellowship offers will be made in March.
Hepatology Fellowship Application Information