Applications are outside the traditional ERAS Fellowship match. Applications are accepted after the general fellowship match in December each year. Interviews are offered to selected applicants typically at the end of January and early February. The deadline to submit applications is December 20th.
All Hepatology fellowship trainees at the University of Kentucky must have a full Kentucky medical license. Accordingly, applications will only be considered from those individuals who meet licensing requirements.
Before you apply for fellowship training in Hepatology at the University of Kentucky, please review the following requirements:
1. You must have graduated from an approved medical school. All Medical Schools in the United States of America and Canada approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) meet this requirement. Other medical school education is evaluated by the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure on an individual basis.
2. United States and Canadian medical school graduates must have completed three (3) years of postgraduate training approved by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or the National Joint committee (NJC) in Internal Medicine. Graduates of non-U.S./Canadian medical schools must complete three years of ACGME or NJC approved postgraduate training that includes 12 months of clinical training in Internal Medicine.
3. You must have received a passing score on the USMLE exam, or hold a full license in another state or Canadian province as a result of passing a licensing exam.
4. Foreign medical graduates must possess permanent ECFMG certification or proof of certification by an approved U.S. specialty board. A copy of the full licensure requirements can be obtained from the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure (KBML, 310 Whittington Pkwy, Louisville, KY 40222, Tel: 502-429-8046) or visit http://kbml.ky.gov/
5. Applicants must possess a valid permanent resident visa or US citizenship. We sponsor only J-1 visas for selected applicants requiring a visa.
6. Applicants without ACGME residency training will not be considered.
TO APPLY FOR A FELLOWSHIP POSITION
A complete application will include:
* Completed Universal Application for Residency (downloadable pdf file)
* Personal Statement
* Current Curriculum Vitae
* Copy of Medical School Transcript/s
* Copy of Medical School Degree Certificate or Diploma
* Copy of ECFMG Certificate, if applicable
* USMLE or COMLEX transcript
* Photo is optional but will be helpful to identify candidates at campus visits
Please send all these materials into ONE (1) combined pdf file for submission.
We also require three (3) Letters of Recommendation, one of which must be from the Residency Program Director. Letters are to be sent directly to the Hepatology Fellowship Program Coordinator, Maria Richie as an email attachment.
*** Please inform references to label the email subject line as:
"UK Hep Fellowship LOR (applicant last name here)" ***
- Applications will be accepted beginning November 15th (Materials submitted prior to this date will not be processed until November 15th).
- Review of applications will begin on December 1st.
- The deadline for acceptance of Hepatology Fellowship Applications is DECEMBER 20th. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. ALL documents (including letters of reference) must be received by this date for consideration.
- Candidate Interviews will be conducted in January.
- Fellowship offers will be made in February.