Before you apply for fellowship training in gastroenterology at the University of Kentucky, please review the following requirements:
All gastroenterology fellowship trainees at the University of Kentucky must have a full Kentucky medical license. Accordingly, applications will only be considered from those individuals who meet licensing requirements. The following summarizes these requirements:
1. You must have graduated from an approved medical school. All Medical Schools in the United States of America and Canada approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) meet this requirement. Other medical school education is evaluated by the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure on an individual basis.
2. United States and Canadian medical school graduates must complete at least one year of postgraduate training approved by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or the National Joint committee (NJC). Graduates of non-U.S./Canadian medical schools must complete three years of ACGME or NJC approved postgraduate training that includes 12 months of clinical training.
3. You must have received a passing score on the USMLE exam, or hold a full license in another state or Canadian province as a result of passing a licensing exam.
4. Foreign medical graduates must possess permanent ECFMG certification or proof of certification by an approved U.S. specialty board.
5. We offer only J-1 visas to selected applicants.
A copy of the full licensure requirements can be obtained from the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure (KBML, 310 Whittington Pkwy, Louisville, KY 40222, Tel: 502-429-8046) or visit http://kbml.ky.gov/ TO
APPLY FOR A FELLOWSHIP POSITION BEGINNING JULY 15th.
1. Please visit the Electronic Residency Application Service at ERAS and complete the on-line application. Paper applications cannot be accepted.
2. All the fellowship positions offered are Clinical Track and through the National Residency Matching Program.
PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINE FOR ACCEPTANCE OF FELLOWSHIP APPLICATIONS: AUGUST 31st.
2020 Candidate Interview Dates:
October 8, Thursday
October 17, Saturday
November 5, Thursday
ERAS and NRMP dates to note
June 8, 2020: ERAS opens to applicants
July 1, 2020: ERAS opens to accept Fellowship applications
August 31st: UK deadline for accepting applications
August 26, 2020: NRMP match opens at 12:00 p.m. ET
September 30, 2020: NRMP ranking opens at 12:00 p.m. ET
November 18, 2020: NRMP closes ranking, rank order list deadline 9:00 p.m. ET
December 2, 2020: Match Day, NRMP match results available noon ET